Are you feeling stuck? Are you feeling disconnected from your colleagues and your family? Are you just running so fast that you’re not even stopping to pause? Are the conversations you’re having turning into disagreement and disconnection? If you answered yes to any of those questions, you’ll want to stop and take a listen.
Most of you know by now that I am a huge fan of the book Conversations Worth Having. I reference it all the time, and I’m so excited to welcome the co-authors, Jackie Stavros and Cheri Torres, on to CTRL+ALT+DELETE. Because right now, there is so much disconnect in the world. People are burnt out. They’re scared. They’re overwhelmed. I can’t think of two better people to help us reframe and think about everything on a much deeper level so that we can be agents of change and connection instead.
Jackie Stavros and Cheri Torres have been internationally recognized for their work with appreciative inquiry. They’ve positively affected the lives of thousands of people and helped hundreds of organizations improve their capacity to thrive in uncertain times. They’ve been researching, writing, consulting and speaking on appreciative inquiry since 1996.
CTRL+ALT+DELETE with Lisa Duerre is brought to you by RLD Group on a mission to reboot leadership drive, eradicate burnout in tech, and help transform technical experts lacking people leadership skills from being a company’s biggest liability into their greatest asset.
- What is Appreciative Inquiry and Why is it Important? [2:30]
- Ways to Get Yourself Unstuck [4:30]
- When Burnout Happens and How to Avoid It [10:34]
- From Fixing Problems to Encouraging Excellence [16:22]
- The Anticipatory Principle for New Projects [23:03]
- How to Get Positive Advice VS Negative Feedback [25:42]
- Location on the Line of Leadership [30:13]
- What’s New in the Second Edition [39:21]
- Jackie’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jackie-stavros-0b45824/
- Jackie’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/jackiestavros
- Jackie’s Instagram: hhttps://www.instagram.com/jackie_stavros/
- Jackie’s Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jacqueline.stavros
- Cheri’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/cbtorres/
- Cheri’s Website: https://cheritorres.com/
- Cheri’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/cheri_torres?lang=en
- Cheri’s Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cheri.torres.73
- Conversations Worth Having Book Website: http://www.conversationsworthhaving.today/
- RLD Group’s website: https://rldgroupllc.com