Tech is filled with amazing people making a significant impact on the world. The question always remains: can you do great work in Tech and not burnout? The answer is yes!
In this episode of Ctrl+Alt+Delete, Karan Gupta and Lisa Duerre #keepitreal talk about how to be awesome at your technical role, make an impact on work that matters, and not lose out on your life outside of work.
- Tips from an EVP of Technology – how tinkering and robotics created opportunities to lead and learn.
- The secrets to creating a culture and work environment where it is safe to be yourself.
- Being human at work and why it’s good to have a life you enjoy outside your career.
- How to attract and retain women in Tech.
- What your job description is doing to your pipeline of candidates.
- Why diversity on your team and in your company is good for business and leading a diverse group.
- Some inside scoop on what founders worry about and how it impacts their stress
- The impact of social expectations and norms as you carve out your place in the world
- The faulty code in thinking “I’ll be happy when.” Engineering in Tech and what you can do today to prevent burnout.
- Tech leader’s tips and insights on what to stop and start doing to help your team thrived in today’s world.
- What skills are needed today if you are transitioning into a larger leadership role?
- Leadership vs. management and when each is important.
- What matters most right now.
About Karan Gupta: Karan Gupta is a growth-oriented executive. He’s been an instrumental part of 2 back-to-back IPOs, founded a multi-million dollar startup (acquired), and developed high-functioning distributed teams in the US, Canada, South America, Europe, and Asia.